Updates from December, 2016 Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts

• lv on December 11, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

Happy Holidays! 

I want to wish everyone who come and visit this blog a
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
    Naimbag a Paskua ken Naragsak, Nagasat,ken Nasalun-at a Baro Tawen kadakayo amin apo.

A Christmas Tree at NAIA I

Enjoy the Christmas Music at the playlist.

If you have anything to post regarding our community please feel free to post it here and if you need help in posting, you can contact me at mails114-seasidepark@yahoo.com.

Thank you.

The Blog Administrator

• Atty. Romeo J. Somera, Esq. CPA on December 27, 2016 Permalink | Reply

Sapay coma Apo ta daguiti tarigagay yo datoy na[alabas nga Pascua ket pimmayso. Ket babaen ti asi ken saranay ni Apo Dios inkay to mabendicionan ti agnanayon ken masagrap yo ti ginawa ken salunat nga isangbay daytoy umay nga baro nga tawen.

The Sawat Bridge 

The Sawat Bridge After Typhoon Lawin

I posted a nice photo a way back of the this bridge project in Sawat, it was a project with good intention by the administration of Barangay Sawat however after super typhoon Lawin which was probably one of the strongest and most devastating typhoons that hit this part of the country, this is how it looks now. The people around the area became very nervous because the flooding went through areas where it never usually flood. Aside from the flooding, a lot of houses were damaged due to the hurricane-like wind that passed through the area. It uprooted a lot of rooftops. Sawat became like a war zone after the typhoon.

Going back to the bridge project, what went wrong? Obviously, the design of the bridge is not the right design for this kind of terrain. During heavy downpours especially during the typhoon seasons, debris and large volume of water coming from the mountains and everywhere cannot pass through the bridge’s small tunnels and as a result widespread flooding happens in Barangay Sawat and the neighboring barangays . I’ve heard that some people and the officials from the barangays have filed a complaint about how the bridge was built but I hope that they will work together along with the officials of the town to find a win-win solution to the bridge problem instead, and this has to be done as soon as possible because a strong typhoon can pass by our town at any time. We could lose a lot of precious lands if we do not do anything to resolve the problem in the area.

The Late President Ferdinand Marcos Burial 

This post is a little late since the late president Ferdinand Marcos’ burial happened a few weeks back but for the Ilocano folks out there who would want to see the video in this blog, here it is. I am also including some of the video clips related to the burial of the late president. May you rest in peace Apo Lakay as the Ilocanos call him.

The Full Video of President Marcos’ Burial, Nov. 18, 2016 at the Libingan Ng Mga Bayani

Imee Marcos being interviewed by Karen Davila after the SC allowed Pres. Marcos to be buried at the Libingan Ng Mga Bayani

Imelda Marcos’ giving an emotional speech during the Vigil Mass the following day after the burial at the Libingan Ng Mga Bayani Cemetery

• lv on December 6, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

HOLIDAY WISHES 

Cablaawak amin nga cacailiak ti Naimbag nga Pascua ken naragsak nga baro nga tawen. May the good Lord Bless you this Christmas season and provide you abundance in the coming New Year.

Hi Manong Romeo, sorry that I was not able to post your messages on time. I did not know that there were messages waiting in the queue from you. Usually when you are just replying to a message, the blog would send an email to me. I would post the message right away when I see it on my CP but for new messages I would have to log in to the blog admin panel to see the messages. I have not logged on for awhile for I have been a little busy lately. However, this time I will try to check the messages more regularly so I can post them on a timely manner.
      Happy Holidays to you too and your family manong Romeo. Naimbag a paskua.

c
Compose new post
j
Next post/Next comment
k
Previous post/Previous comment
r
e
Edit
o
Show/Hide comments
t