Updates from July, 2016 Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts

• lv on July 29, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

The United States Presidential Election 2016 

Hillary Clinton’s Acceptance Speech at the Democratic National Convention 2016

Donald Trump’s Acceptance Speech at the Republican National Convention 2016

• lv on July 31, 2016 Permalink | Reply

For those who can vote, go vote and vote wisely come November.

• lv on July 25, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

President Duterte’s First SONA, July 24, 2016 

Source: Youtube and Rappler

• lv on July 24, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

Tagudinian Asssociation of Southern California 40th Anniversary 

• lv on July 24, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

Greatest TASC Grandma 2016 

• lv on July 26, 2016 Permalink | Reply

Good luck to all the four candidates vying for the Greatest TASC Grandma 2016.

• lv on July 22, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

Tagudinians of Northern California Annual Summer Picnic 2016 

• lv on July 19, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

The World’s Best Islands 2016 

No. 10: Bali, Indonesia
    Score: 88.24

No. 9: Kauai, Hawaii
    Score: 88.33

No. 8: Hilton Head, South Carolina
    Score: 88.35

No. 7: Maui, Hawaii
    Score: 88.55

No. 6: Cebu, Philippines
    Score: 88.65

No. 5: Santorini, Greece
    Score: 89.07

No. 4: Waiheke Island, New Zealand
    Score: 90.00

No. 3: Ischia, Italy
    Score: 90.22

No. 2: Boracay, Philippines
    Score: 90.47

No. 1: Palawan, Philippines
    Score: 93.71

According to the US based Travel and Leisure Magazine, the list of the ten best islands in the world for 2016 includes three islands from the Philippines. Palawan and Boracay are number one and two respectively. Cebu is number six. This was not the first time that Palawan made it to the top of the list. It also topped the list in 2013. Way to go Philippines. Hopefully the new administration of President Duterte will build more infrastructure such as highways, airports, and among others to support the tourism industry in the Philippines. Aside from those islands being mentioned, the Philippines has a lot more beautiful places all over the archipelago but due to poor infrastructure and facilities, tourists usually do not go to those beautiful places.

Image Source: Travel+Leisure Magazine

• lv on July 18, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

Tagudinian Association of Southern California 40th Anniversary 

If you missed the THS event in Las Vegas, here is another opportunity for everyone in the Tagudinian community to be with our fellow kababayans. Tagudinian Association of Southern California is having its 40th Anniversary this August. It was announced at the recently concluded THS event in Las Vegas. Tagudinians worldwide and friends are all invited to attend the 49th anniversary celebration in Southern California.
    Please contact the TASC for more information.
    Please mark the event in your calendars.

• lv on July 12, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

Filipiñana – Philippine Folk Dancing 

Philippine Folk Dancing
    Tagudin High School Centennial, Las Vegas, Nevada
    Formal Night – July 9, 2016

:) That was great ladies! You did really surprise everyone with that number. Thank you for the nice entertainment.

• EDF on July 13, 2016 Permalink | Reply

It was soooo much fun! Life is short, live simply, connect with people, and have fun. \\Eufemia

• Alicia Aluyon on July 14, 2016 Permalink | Reply

Thank you Larry for taking this video, a very memorable day.

• lv on July 14, 2016 Permalink | Reply

Thank you for the wonderful performance!

For a moment, we were confined in our own little world having fun, away from the conundrums of the world. We were united, acting joyfully like innocent kids, danced like no one was watching, laughed until our tummies hurt. An angel was recording the moment and posted in Seaside paradise for everyone to see and remind us that yes, we can be as happy too if only we allow ourselves to seize that moment… It all depends on us…. it’s up for grabs. The success of an event is measured by the happiness of the people, obvious in their faces. Thank you Larry. God bless you ading. \\Manang Fem

Jitterbug 

If the video above does not work try the video below

Jitterbug
    Formal Night – July 9, 2016

Our friend from SAS Batch ’60 Manuel Laranang doing the boogie with Cynthia Dumpit, THS Batch 64. Thank you for the impromptu dance.

• Manuel Laranang on July 28, 2016 Permalink | Reply

Thank you Larry for posting this impromptu dance number with Ms Dumpit. Enjoyed the celebration . and was nice meeting you again.

• lv on July 29, 2016 Permalink | Reply

You are welcome manong Manuel. It was fun watching you and Ms Dumpit dance the boogie. Both of you are very good dancers.

Hawaiian Wedding Song 

Dancing to the Hawaiian Wedding Song
    Aloha Night – July 8,2016

Pearly Shells 

Dancing to Pearly Shells
    Tagudin High School Centennial, Las Vegas
    Aloha Night – July 8, 2016

China’s territorial claims to vast stretches of South China Sea got rejected 

Let us have a little intermission. Here is a video about the ruling by the international tribunal handling the case between China and the Philippines. This is good news for the Philippines but would the Philippines finally settle the case with China? We’ll see.

Good news for the Philippines and neighboring countries.

Tagudin High School Centennial – Breakout (July 10, 2016) 

This was the farewell day. A new set of officers were also elected this last day of the event. Congratulations to Eufemia Dauz-Fonacier and Elena Lodia-Macagba for being elected as the president and vice-president respectively of the Tagudin High School Alumni Association (THSAAI). I would also like to congratulate Manong Hector Galvez for doing a great job in leading the organization for the last couple of years. Thank you Manong Hector and to all the people involved in making this event possible and for your invitations to all our kababayans to attend the Las Vegas Tagudin High School Centennial Celebrations. More power to all.

More Singing

And More Dancing

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE REST OF THE PHOTOS.

• EDF on July 12, 2016 Permalink | Reply

Larry, maraming thanks. I shared the Seaside link to everyone. The original Core Team has developed a deep bond and will always be there. We appreciate what you do. \\Manang Fem

• lv on July 11, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

Tagudin High School Centennial – Formal Night (July 9, 2016) 

The second night was another great night for the Tagudin High Alumni and Tagudinians. It did not disappoint. Everyone looked great in their formal attires! Of course there were a lot of dancing just like the first night. I told you so there were a lot of good dancers from Tagudin. It was an unforgettable night for everyone.

Dancing during the Formal Night at the Tagudin High Centennial

Tagudin High Centennial Attendees from the Dauz Clan

• Alicia Aluyon on July 11, 2016 Permalink | Reply

Thank you Larry for patiently taking our pictures, it was really a great moment to remember, we enjoy your company and thank you for coming and dancing with us.

I enjoyed being with everyone too and I am glad that I came and attended the event. It was indeed a great moment to remember.

• EDF on July 12, 2016 Permalink | Reply

Indeed Larry as Mg Alicia said….. Above all, it was really good to see you. Thank you again ading.

• Linda Andaya Benitez on July 12, 2016 Permalink | Reply

Thanks Larry for all your efforts in joining us celebrate this special event .Your are a part 0f this unforgettable moments…Its been a pleasure to have met you in person.Thanks again.

You are welcome Manang Linda, it was also nice meeting you.

• Estrella Acosta Lucero on July 13, 2016 Permalink | Reply

Thank you Larry. for sharing the precious moments we had during the THS Centennial Celebration. It:s a pleasure to meet you. Your Mom was a co teacher of my Dad and Manang Linda. .

• lv on July 13, 2016 Permalink | Reply

Thank you manang Estrella. It is a pleasure meeting you too. I do remember your late dad.

• violeta on July 18, 2016 Permalink | Reply

So much fun to be with you Larry! Hope to see you soon 8/2016

WHATEVER HAPPENED? 

Larry, a year ago, You and Seaside proposed a “Tagudin Hall of Fame”. Was there any response, reaction or “whisper” on this very excellent idea? I am quite embarrass of the overwhelming and deafening silence, an obvious display of indifference. And I thought that through all the years all Tagudinians have grown to matured intelligence, professionalism, care and concern. Am I wrong?

Hi Manong Romeo, now I remember about the Tagudin Hall of Fame. From what I remember, I did not come up with the idea. I think someone else proposed it. It was posted here and I remember supporting it and even to this time I would be happy to support it. We just need to get people engaged with the idea.

• Atty. Romeo J. Somera on July 12, 2016 Permalink | Reply

It is a shame that such a very noble and excellent project is being ignored. Tagudinians must be very busy on their own personal projects such as reunions, fund raising, anniversary celebrations and busy earning some moolahs. But then, what else is new?

Tagudin High School Centennial – Aloha Night (July 8, 2016) 

The first night was a night full of camaraderie with lots of dancing. It was attented not only by the alumni of Tagudin High School but also by the Tagudinians from all over the US. The Tagudinians of Northern California, Tagudinian Association of Southern California, Eastern Tagudinian Association as well as by the alumni of SAS were all well represented. It was a wonderful night for all our kababayans who attended the three day event.

Congratulations to Tagudin High School and to all Alumni.

Tagudin High School Alumni

Tagudin High School Centennial Celebrations Attendees

• Atty. Romeo J. Somera on July 11, 2016 Permalink | Reply

Congratulations to the celebrants and organizers for a very successful centennial celebration. BTW Larry, I posted an inquiry about your project of last year on Tagudin Hall of Fame”. Did you see it?

Hi Manong Romeo, I did not see it. Where can I see it? Thank you.

It was a new posting that I submitted, around 2 days ago. Anyway, I was asking, since it has been a year already, if you have any responses or takers to your proposal of putting or establishing a a “Tagudin Hall of Fame”. MY FB reminded me the other day about it as I asked my FB friends from Tagudin to submit their ideas and suggestions,to you or at the Seaside MB, if not nominations for the “Hall of Fame”. Maybe you should resurrect it especially we have Mayor June that probably would support your idea. Thanks.

Larry, I stand corrected. It was 5 years ago that you brought out this excellent idea. Here is what I wrote in my FB re shared memory:

I am embarrass to admit the overwhelming and deafening silence in response to this very excellent proposal of Seaside and Larry Valdez. What a shame.
            5 Years Ago
            See Your Memories

July 9, 2011 ·
            TO TALL TAGUDINIANS: We are trying to establish a TAGUDIN HALL OF FAME. We are soliciting nominations for members of the committee. Please submit your nominations at the SEASIDE MESSAGE BOARD. Or you may e mail it directly to Larry Valdez.Thank you.

• EDF on July 11, 2016 Permalink | Reply

Thank you Larry and your continuing support not only to the THSAAI but also to all the organizations essential to the preservation and betterment of our town Tagudin. To all those who supported us in this event, we are truly grateful. Thank you too Atty. Somera and we hope to see you too in future gatherings. :)

Anything for our town of Tagudin. Thank you Manang Fem.

• Atty. Romeo J. Somera on July 12, 2016 Permalink | Reply

To my friends, relatives and acquaintances from the Tagudin Provincial (National) High School. You will have many more and I will make sure that the next one that will come around, I will be all seeing there. Thanks.

• lv on July 2, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

Happy Fourth of July especially to all our kababayans living in the United States.
    Be safe wherever you are going for the Fourth of July weekend.

• lv on July 1, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

Full Video of the Inauguration of President Rodrigo Duterte 

• lv on July 1, 2016 Permalink | Reply

Nice to see that they are maintaining the Presidential Inauguration traditions. President Duterte is very presidential here a big contrast from when he was campaigning. I think he delivered a great speech – short but direct to the point and he was able to cover what he would want to do during his term and what people in the Philippines and the world would want to know about him and his administration. I believe he would be a great president for the country.

c
Compose new post
j
Next post/Next comment
k
Previous post/Previous comment
r
e
Edit
o
Show/Hide comments
t