Updates from May, 2016 Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts

• lv on May 29, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

Should Senator Marcos file a protest? 

I think he should for the sake of the people and for future elections. It is possible that the election for the VP could have been rigged. If nobody would do anything about the anomalies, this kind of scenario will surely happen over and over again in the future. They should clear everything at least so the candidate would be more at peace with themselves and there would be no doubts lingering in people’s minds especially for the people who voted for the candidates. This is not about Marcos and Robredo but for the integrity and security of the election process in the coutry. If there was cheating in the recently concluded election, I think both Marcos and Robredo and perhaps many others are victims of the illegal acts perpetrated by some people or groups.

Here’s an article from The Manila Times by Rigoberto D. Tiglao.

Marcos was cheated, should file protest for country’s sake
    May 29, 2016 10:36 pm

by RIGOBERTO D. TIGLAO

The late Jesse Robredo must have turned in his grave when his widow, Leni, declared that her (purported) victory in the vice-presidential contest was made more meaningful as it happened on his birthday.

The indications of cheating that made Leni “win” are so obvious.

For starters, Robredo won over Marcos in the Congress’ official count by 263,473 votes. This is almost exactly the same as her margin of 263,840 over Marcos in just two provinces. And perhaps, you guessed them right – Lanao del Sur and Maguindanao. Controlled by warlords and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF), these areas can deliver the number of votes a candidate wants, if the price is right.

This has been going on for decades. Then presidential candidate Miriam Defensor-Santiago also lost by a landslide in these two provinces in the 1992 elections.

The following are the results of votes in these provinces, according to official Comelec data. Do you honestly think their residents, dominantly Muslims, were such big fans of Robredo as to give her such landslide margins?

This means that if the votes – which weren’t really votes – from these two provinces were not included, Marcos would have won:

But there are other provinces where Robredo very suspiciously won by a landslide, among these:

Can somebody please give me a rational explanation why Robredo won by a landslide in these provinces?

The vice presidential race, as well as that for the president, was to a great extent a tribal contest, with a candidate’s tribe and its expanded territory (regions) overwhelmingly voting for him or her.

For example, Marcos received about 300,000 votes, with Robredo getting a measly 4,000 in Ilocos Norte. (Figures here are rounded off for easier reading.) But Robredo garnered 800,000 votes from her bailiwick Camarines provinces, leaving Marcos with only 67,000.

Cebu gave Marcos a severe beating by delivering 400,000 more votes for Robredo. Cebu, of course, has continued to be a bastion of anti-Marcos sentiment, partly because of presidential candidate Sergio Osmena, Jr.’s colossal loss to Marcos in the 1969 presidential race, Sergio Osmena 3rd’s imprisonment by the strongman, and the fact that the so-called “oligarchs” he targeted during his regime were mostly from Cebu and Negros.

That President Aquino 3rd and his yellow cabal junked Roxas to throw resources into Robredo’s campaign to win the vice presidency (amid rumors of a Plan B under which President-elect Duterte is to be ousted later) is also quite obvious in that Robredo got significantly more votes than Roxas in several provinces. For instance, in the two provinces that gave Robredo the edge, Lanao del Sur and Maguindanao, she received 400,000 votes while Roxas got only 163,000.

Marcos’ bailiwicks (the “Solid North,” several Mindanao provinces and Leyte) cancelled out Robredo’s “bailiwicks,” which I put in quotation marks as these include areas into which the Liberal Party threw their resources, such as Negros, Cebu, and several provinces in Mindanao).

One thing that makes me very suspicious that Aquino and his yellow horde moved heaven and earth to cheat to have Robredo win, while throwing Roxas under the bus, are the results seen in the National Capital Region.

Marcos won by a landslide in the nation’s premium region, gaining 46 percent of the votes in the NCR, while Robredo got only 29 percent and Cayetano 13 percent.
    This should worry Aquino and his rabid anti-Marcos forces. In the NCR, which has the ahighest literacy rate and the most developed media and information infrastructure, Filipinos either have forgiven Marcos’ father, forgotten his father o”r don’t believe in the yellow propaganda that Martial Law was a dark period of our history. There is not a single city in metropolitan Manila where Robredo won over Marcos. Even Quezon City, the site of anti-Marcos centers such as the University of the Philippines and the Ateneo voted 2 to 1 for Marcos.

Check out the table below and see how your city voted:

NCR results are so radically different from those of the entire Philippines. This is an anomaly – the farther away from the capital and metropolitan region, the more significant the decline becomes of the media’s reach to disseminate a new name like “Robredo.” Where I voted in a southern province just two hours’ drive from Makati, I often even overheard people asking, “Sino ito si Lini Roberto?” How could Robredo, who campaigned only for a few months, win against somebody with a household name that started being disseminated 40 years ago?

The NCR results in past elections mirror the national results, probably since the region is actually a melting pot of migrants from all provinces. For instance, Duterte won 43 percent of the votes in NCR, just 4 percentage points higher than the 39 percent he received for the entire Philippines.

How can Robredo explain that Marcos won 46 percent of votes in the NCR, and yet he garnered only 35 percent of the votes nationwide, a huge drop of 11 percentage points? How can she explain she received only 29 percent in the NCR, yet got 6 percentage points more for the entire Philippines?

It will be expensive for Marcos to file an election protest, since he would have to pay for the costs of opening and examining each Election Return and Certificate of Canvass. Yet, the weaknesses of our electoral system must be corrected, or our democracy will continue to be a sham. He has to do it for the sake of the country.
    Robredo’s “victory” must be exposed as a sham, representing the last gasps of the Yellow Force.

tiglao.manilatimes@gmail.com
    Source: The Manila Times

• lv on May 30, 2016 Permalink | Reply

The almost four million under-votes also need to be explained by Comelec. I think in the US if the under-votes are over 1% of the total vote cast, a recount is allowed. It might be even mandatory in some states. The number of under-votes in the recently concluded election is highly questionable. It is around 8% of the votes that were cast.

• Atty. Romeo J. Somera on May 30, 2016 Permalink | Reply

He should and I think they (BBM) are decided in filing one. Macalintal Leni’s electionlawyer) is so defensive on these fraud allegations, and should be because 263k+ votes is extremely slim and easy to overcome. If you ask me, Macalintal’s posture is more of “pakitang tao”.Could all these election fraud and shenanigans favoring Leni be true? They are increasing, snowballing and growing by the day. Never mind the under votes of 3.2 million (an unbelievable number which could only be the natural result of manipulations. Macalintal is also very defensive on this one that his explanation borders to the “inanely outrageous” and very insulting to the intellect of Filipinos). But look at these allegations coming out. INC votes in portions of the Visayas and Mindanao missing; SD cards found in an abandon building in Alaminos, Pangasinan; manipulations of COCs in Mindanao from precint to town to the provincial canv***; VCMs being transported to Laguna (oh, COMELEC has an explanation to this), and now VCMs manipulation in Quezon. Could you consider these events isolated? Will there be more that shall surface? Are these incidents the reasons why COMELEC is not yet agreeable to a system audit? Some IT experts are saying that when the corrective measures (erasure of shenanigans or cover-up must be a more appropriate terminology) had been made to the satisfaction of COMELEC that only then would they agree to a system audit. On the other hand dilatory tactics on the audit could boomerang as incidents of fraud would keep on mounting that the COMELEC would no longer be able to ignore.

• lv on May 26, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

Tagudin High School Centennial in Las Vegas 

Please click on the image to enlarge.

• EDF on May 29, 2016 Permalink | Reply

THANK YOU Larry! We are getting there. :) Shall we see you soon? \\Your manang Fem

• lv on May 30, 2016 Permalink | Reply

You are welcome Manang Femia. Congratulations to Tagudin High and to all its alumni. By the way, you or anybody can actually download the poster and you could post in other sites such as facebook and others if you would like.

Barangay Sign in Sawat, Tagudin 

While going into Barangay Sawat, I saw this sign at the entrance and I said to myself with a smile “wow, talaga met ah sosyal iti Sawat”. No other barangay in Tagudin has a barangay sign like this one. It looks like a sign for a club but it is unique and it works. If you see this sign in this part of the town at night, you know you are in Sawat. Kudos to the officials of Barangay Sawat.

• lv on May 23, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

Senator Marcos' Privelege Speech
    at the Senate involving the May 9 Election Controversy 

Fast forward to 1:07:00 for the beginning of Senator Bongbong Marcos’ speech

• lv on May 16, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

President-Elect Rodrigo Duterte's First Press Conference After The Election 

President-Elect Duterte talking about his plans and his choices for his cabinet members
    You can fast forward to 45:30 for the start of the conference.

• lv on May 14, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

Rodrigo Duterte on the cover of
    Time Magazine’s May 23 Asia Edition 

Congratulations to President-elect Rodrigo Roa Duterte.
    I hope you would fulfill your promises to the Filipino people.
    Good luck to you and to your administration sir.

• Paul Villanueva, Sr. of Chicago, IL, USA on May 14, 2016 Permalink | Reply

Mr. President-elect Rodrigo Duterte, my big, big congrats on a mandate by the Filipino people especially your supporters, now we want to see reforms and changes right away. Philippines had too many corrupt and incompetent leaders, and we are all pinning our hopes on you. So please make sure that all those who act on your behalf especially your appointees to do so with honesty, sincerity, and most importantly, always stay within the Constitution and laws of the land.

• lv on May 14, 2016 Permalink | Reply

Nice pic. Natarake ka latta met manong Paul. Nice to hear that after all these years living in the old US of A, you have not forgotten our native land.

• Paul L. Villanueva on May 15, 2016 Permalink | Reply

Larry I really believe on your nationalistic mentality because in my facebook I had DU30 on top but your web me first. Thank you. You are a very good politician gayyem and I will support you if you wish to run.

• lv on May 16, 2016 Permalink | Reply

Thank you Manong Paul, I was just echoing what I’ve observed from the various medias so the readers of this blog would be more aware of what is happening in the Philippine political scene. I believe people want a change and Duterte has the X Factor and he is different from the other candidates that is why people chose him. As far as getting myself involved with politics in PI, hmm. It never crossed my mind and besides I am not sure if I am even qualified. I will always be a bystander but I would be more than happy to support the right and the best candidates for the people during election time back home.

• lv on May 11, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

Mrs. Nora Andaya, RIP 

Mrs. Nora Andaya has joined our Creator in heaven.

Together with her late husband Mr. Miling Andaya, she taught at St. Augustine’s School for a long time. After retirement she became a president of SAS Alumni Assoc. in Tagudin. She was a great teacher, leader and mother to her children.

Please join me pray for the repose of the soul of Mrs. Nora Andaya.

Eternal rest, grant unto her O Lord and let perpetual light shine upon her.
    May she rest in peace. Amen.

On behalf of the SAS Class of 1978, I would like to convey our deep condolences to the entire family of our late former teacher Mrs. Nora Andaya especially to our former classmate Gliceria (Cherry) Andaya-Polistico. Our thoughts and prayers are with you in this time of sorrow. She was very close to us. She will be missed a lot by all of us from SAS Class of 1978. May she rest in peace.

• Apolonio L. Villanueva III on May 12, 2016 Permalink | Reply

Our thoughts and prayers at this difficult time for the Andaya/Lamadrid Families. On behalf of the Villanuevas, please accept our heartfelt condolences. Manang Nora is now with the Lord along with all faithful departed love ones. May their souls through the mercy of God rest in peace.

• EDF on May 11, 2016 Permalink | Reply

Condolence to the family of Mrs. Andaya. May she rest in peace. \\Eufemia (THS 1973)

• lv on May 12, 2016 Permalink | Reply

My heartfelt sympathy to the family of the late Mrs. Nora Andaya especially to my former classmate Cherry Andaya-Polistico. May you find comfort and peace from the love and memories of your late dear mother at this difficult time. I will never forget when you, ma’am Nora and Manong Rudy Lamadrid stopped by at our house in Tagudin to say hello to me and to my late mother a few years ago. Condolence my friend. God bless.

Bongbong suspects cheating 

He got cheated? Does this mean Bongbong has a chance that he will eventually end up as the winner of the election for vice president? Senator Marcos and his camp will have to prove their allegations. We shall see. His supporters are already demanding for a recount. If there was cheating, I would say Leni Robredo was not necessarily involved with the manipulation of the results. She looks like the type of a person who is honest and against anything illegal. Here is an article regarding Bongbong’s allegations.

Source of article: The Philippine Star
    Bongbong unfazed, seeks halt to unofficial count
    By Perseus Echeminada (The Philippine Star) | Updated May 11, 2016 – 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines – The camp of vice presidential candidate Sen. Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. played down yesterday the lead of his rival Camarines Sur Rep. Leni Robredo as the senator expressed confidence that he would win.

Marcos also urged the Comelec to terminate the ongoing unofficial count being conducted by the Parish Pastoral Council for Responsible Voting (PPCRV) because it has reached the 90-percent mark.

Abakada party-list Rep. Jonathan de la Cruz, campaign adviser of Marcos, said the so-called updates in the unofficial count run counter to exit polls and their own internal survey.

“It is unfortunate that while the whole country was asleep the glitch in the canvassing occurred and from then on we saw a progression of so-called ‘updates’ that showed an alarming and suspicious trend reducing our lead.”

He said De la Cruz informed him that they are sending an urgent request to the Commission on Elections and its citizens’ arm PPCRV to terminate the unofficial count, which now stands at 90.99 percent.

He said in the past, the unofficial count was designed not to be completed to avoid the possibility of confusion and conflict with the official canvass.

He said there is no reason for this not to be the norm this time around.

If the vote count difference is slim, anything can happen with the result since it would be be easier to manipulate and the cheating would be less obvious to the people but if the difference is insurmountable like that of Duterte and his closest rival, manipulating the result would be very difficult and would be very hard to explain. I think COMELEC should hear all parties to be fair since there were discrepancies observed by the camp of Senator Marcos.

• EDF on May 12, 2016 Permalink | Reply

I think the first question to ask is where the early returns came from. If in Luzon, particularly Northern Luzon, then suffice to assume that Marcos garnered a lot of votes there that put him in the first place, at least temporarily. Later when the returns from Mindanao, Western and Central Visayas came, Robredo became first and Marcos, second. Nevertheless, a candidate has the right to lodge a protest and in doing so, it has to be done properly and with solid data to back up the allegations. The good news is, the president-elect and the other presidential candidates have moved on with a unified goal in mind – the well-being of the county.

Excerpts from the news:
        Robredo polled 4,028,241 votes in the Visayas, while Marcos got 1,613,347 votes after a 98.49-percent of the votes had been transmitted.She took Western and Central Visayas, which includes vote-rich Cebu, as well as the Negros Island Region. Eastern Visayas went for Marcos.
        Mindanao also gave Robredo an advantage because not only did she top the voting there but also because Marcos ranked only third on the island in number of votes.

Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/785410/robredo-cements-lead-over-marcos-in-vp-race#ixzz48T3CeiFN
        Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

This will be an opportunity for Bongbong to show professionalism, accept the outcome with grace if Robredo ends up winning this election. The people will remember him more by doing that and perhaps succeed next time. What is important now is the Philippines to maintain the momentum of steady economic growth (6% from 2011?) that the country is now enjoying.

• Atty. Romeo J. Somera on May 11, 2016 Permalink | Reply

i believe that Bongbong will win the slimmest majority in Philippine political history; less than 30K. The overseas vote which is most for BBM might provide enough to overtake the lead of Leni. The remaining unreported votes from the Ilocos and Pangasinan and the bicol region could be the deciding factors. Sorsogon was mentioned, and that is Esudero country.

• lv on May 13, 2016 Permalink | Reply

COMELEC chief Andres Bautista admitted that there was tampering with the program/script that counts the votes but he said it was just to correct some of the names of the candidates but the IT experts and the camp of Senator Marcos do not buy it. Why would they have to do it in the middle of the counting? Isn’t this a breach of the automated election protocol? I think this is no longer about Marcos and Robredo anymore. This is now about the security and integrity of people’s votes in this election and future elections. Here are some news articles regarding the tampering of the program that night of May 9, 2016.
      Evidence shows breach in transparency server to ‘rig’ results
      Comelec server tweaked but fraud unproven, IT expert claims

• Atty. Romeo J. Somera on May 17, 2016 Permalink | Reply

Everyone agree that the cosmetic change made from “?” to ” n(enye)” is minor.. And Smartmatic could have waited until the vote counting/canvassing is done. The script change in the wee hour of the morning is suspicious, very suspicious. The reason was just a ruse to enter the system. And once you give a pass or entry to anybody especially IT experts, the experts can do anything he wants in the system. Other IT experts particularly those from the US who live, eat and sleep on ITs suggest that the script change was actually the trigger that switch off the real VCMs and switch on the fake VCMs that contain prepared votes for LP candidates. Some say that if the lead of Duterte was not so overwhelming at the get go, he could have been overtaken by Roxas. Now in the case of BBM, something had to be done ASAP before his lead will also become insurmountable by the numbers of votes pre cast on the fake VCMs. But now, It seems that on the official tally of the COCs, BBM is on top with few remaining COCs to be accounted for. I still think that when the smoke clears, BBM will win by a very slim margin.

• lv on May 17, 2016 Permalink | Reply

That Smartmatic staff Marlon Garcia also tampered the system in the 2013 Senatorial Election according to sources in the Internet while the counting was ongoing. The government should not hire the service of Smartmatic in the next election.

• Atty. Romeo J. Somera on May 18, 2016 Permalink | Reply

Maybe this time, thru the efforts of Com. Guanzon, Smartmatic will be banished forever. Why they were hired on the first place was questionable but the power of the $$$$$$$ could have prevailed. ??????

• Atty. Romeo J. Somera on May 21, 2016 Permalink | Reply

Is this true or just a tabloid? It makes one wonders why mainstream media did not pick up on this being a such huge, big, big new story. Blockbuster is my description

:Local Police Authorities Discover Millions of Vote Ballots for Senator Bongbong Marcos in an Abandoned Building!
            May 20, 2016 Uncategorized 2 Com
            Here is the source: http://globalnews.favradio.fm/

• lv on May 23, 2016 Permalink | Reply

Mng Romeo, the url that you’ve mentioned above is a broken link. Here is another link for that news http://www.dailycosmicfeed.com/2016/05/local-police-officers-found-millions-of-ballots-for-senator-bongbong-marcos.html
              I am not sure if this is true or just a tabloid myself because they could have just burned those ballots instead of keeping them in a certain place.

• Atty. Romeo J. Somera on May 23, 2016 Permalink | Reply

Alaminos dont’t have a million voters and for that matter neither any city or town in Pangasinan which makes this story very suspect..

• Atty. Romeo J. Somera on May 24, 2016 Permalink | Reply

In his speech at the Senate, BBM finally mentioned about the Alaminos, Pangasinan shaded votes found. From the Philippine Inquirer, 5/23/2016, here is an excerpt of what BBM said. “I have to ask myself: Why is Comelec turning a blind eye to the quantum of proof that is before them? Every day netizens post new photos and videos of election fraud. Police found thousands of pre-shaded ballots in an abandoned warehouse in Alaminos, Pangasinan. Unused SD cards were found in a trash can in Kabangkalan, Negros Occidental. There is video of election fraud in Datu Ampatuan, Maguindanao. And yet, Comelec has done nothing. They would rather concentrate on immediate proclamation in the hope that the uproar will die down soon after,” Marcos lamented.

Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/787140/bongbong-urges-duterte-proclamation-decries-fraud-in-vp-count#ixzz49aTrf1BE
                Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

Comelec and a lot of the Canvassers are members of the Liberal Party or connected to the Liberal Party.

Tagudin Election
    Congratulations to Mayor-elect Jun Verzosa 

Congratulations to Mayor-elect Jun Verzosa and welcome back. I would also thank the outgoing mayor, manong Pepito Bunoan for leading and managing our town for the last three years. Just like he did in the past, he did a great job. It was a close contest and a difficult campaign for both leaders but for a lot of the townsfolk including myself, we were rest assured that whoever wins, Tagudin would be in good hands. We knew that these two leaders competing for the highest post in Tagudin are very capable and would do a great job in managing our town. Congratulations also to Bernardo Tovera Jr. for winning the vice mayor position and to all the newly elected councilors. Thank you manong Rogelio for serving our town as the vice mayor.

CONGRATULATIONS AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE NEWLY ELECTED OFFICIALS OF TAGUDIN.

• Atty. Romeo J. Somera on May 11, 2016 Permalink | Reply

Both Mayor Jun and Mayor Pepito had done good things for out town. I am sure they’ll keep doing the same good and fruitful endeavors for our town. Congratulations to the winners and to all candidates for a clean and peaceful elections.

• lv on May 10, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

Tagudin High Centennial Celebrations in Las Vegas Reminder 

This is just a reminder for all the alumni and for everyone out there who are planning to attend the Tagudin High Reunion in Las Vegas this July 8, 9, and 10.
    Please mail the Dinner and Dance Reservation Form as soon as possible to the organizers so they can put together the event the soonest possible time.
    Below is the link to print the form and all the information that you would need for the form.

DINNER AND DANCE RESERVATION FORM

Thank you apo.

• EDF on May 10, 2016 Permalink | Reply

Thank you so much Larry. \\Manang Fem

You are welcome manang Fem. I know how hard it is to put together an event like this.

• lv on May 9, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

Philippine Election Live Results
    Courtesy of Rappler 

Results of the Election as they come after the polls officially closed. It will take a few hours or a few days before the final results are known. Refresh your browser to update the results.

PRESIDENT

VICE PRESIDENT

SENATE

TAGUDIN MAYOR

TAGUDIN VICE MAYOR

TAGUDIN COUNCILORS

• Paul L. Villanueva on May 9, 2016 Permalink | Reply

LV This is wonderful gayyem of what you are doing with the ELECTION results. Keep the updates coming because most of us Tagudinians in the Midwest (Chicago) do not subscribe with the Filipino Channels. We love you for doing all the Info updates.

I’m glad that I am able to post the results here Manong Paul. Thanks to Rappler.com. The vice president is a very close contest between Bongbong Marcos and Leni Robredo. It would take awhile before we know the result. As an Ilocano, I still do hope that Bongbong will end up winning the vice presidency if not Leni Robredo is not that bad either.

• Arnold Dauz on May 10, 2016 Permalink | Reply

Dear Larry. Thanks for providing info on the elections in Tagudin.

• lv on May 10, 2016 Permalink | Reply

You are welcome manong Arnold.Nice to hear from you.

Congratulations to the winners especially the Tagudin election, with special mention to Eugene Fernandez, whose spirits remained alive and kept on trying not only because he thinks he can but the people thought he could.

• lv on May 4, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

Mother’sDay
    Sunday, May 8, 2016 

To all the mothers out there
    especially to all our kababayans,

Have great one!

• EDF on May 8, 2016 Permalink | Reply

Thank you Larry. \\Manang Fem

You are welcome Manang Fem. Happy Mother’s Day.

c
Compose new post
j
Next post/Next comment
k
Previous post/Previous comment
r
e
Edit
o
Show/Hide comments
t