Updates from August, 2015 Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts

• lv on August 28, 2015 Permalink | Reply  

A music video endorsing Bongbong Marcos 

It is a mock campaign video for Bongbong Marcos but I am not sure if he is aware of this music video made by a group who endorses him. Parts of the video were taken from Bongbong’s campaign videos from the past.

Bongbong Into The Room

• Taga Tagudin on August 28, 2015 Permalink | Reply

If Bongbong decides to run for Vice President instead of the Presidency, I hope that he will not partner with Binay. There is a big chance that Binay might not win because of the corruption issue that he is being involved with.

• Atty. Romeo J. Somera, Esq.,CPA on August 28, 2015 Permalink | Reply

That shouldn’t be a problem. Traditionally voters cast their ballots for President different from the President. If Bongbong will team up with Binay, and Bongbong is destined to become president, Binay will win, so will Bongbong (note this will break tradition) but before Binay could be sworn in, he could be indicted for plunder, and “wala”, Bongbong, by law, then become the President. Based from how things are going on with the Binays, this could possibly happen.

• Atty. Romeo J. Somera, Esq.,CPA on August 30, 2015 Permalink | Reply

By geographical practicality, the stronger ticket would be Duterte-Marcos. Marcos will have the solid north, and the Visayan vote and with Duterte, the Mindanao votes. Duterte couldn’t possibly win, and definitely Roxas will not win. It would be either Binay or Poe who will win the presidency. in Binay’s victory, Marcos will ascend the presidency in my earlier scenario. And like what I have said, if Marcos is fated and destined to become President, If Poe wins, she will eventually be disqualified under the many protest that will be filed against her and she will be adjudged not meeting the residency requirement (It could be that this will be the opportune time for the Supreme Court to throw out the Aguinaldo Doctrine).. And Bongbong being the elected VP, by succession according to law, he will become the President.

• lv on August 31, 2015 Permalink | Reply

Marcos-Duterte or Duterte-Marcos would be a good tandem. A lot of people like Duterte for his stance on criminality and his toughness.

• Atty. Romeo J. Somera, Esq.,CPA on September 1, 2015 Permalink | Reply

Mamati kay ti gasat? This could be translated to “luck”. Tagalog would literally translate it to “suwerte. But that’s not what fated or destined mean. The word “naituding” might come closer (but that can be literally translated to “anointed”). “He was destined to . . . or that is his fate . . . .” and we Illocanos would say “talaga nga gasatnan sa”. So much for the search for the true meaning or translation in Ilocano. Let’s get back to BongBong. Ako’y isa sa mga hindi naniniwala sa mga pamahiin. Pero hindi natin maitattawa ang mga signos tungkol kay Bongbong (BB). Siyan ang numumuno sa panukalang batas BB(L). Galit na galit ang mga OFWs sa kalbalbalan nang Custom tungkol sa BB (balikbayan box). And ang mananalo sa pagka president ay Batang Banyaga (Poe who will be subsequently disqualified due to residency, and Marcos being the winning VP will ascend to the Presidency). These are not coincidence but indication of destiny and fate. Pati yong pagrally nang INC ay may signos para kay Bongbong. Gawaing pagBaBasura nang mga rioters at kaBalBalang solusyon nang gobierno sa rally nang INC na napakasama ang nadanas nang mga mamamayan.And these are just the beginning signs. While I am not a mammalad wenno mammadto (ket saanak nga “mangagas”- the one that makes food offerings and weird items like (puraw nga dutdut ti uwak- and there are such feathers) to the Gods at the backyard to please those Gods and cure the afflicted). I invite everyone to put in their ten cents ( mine is just a nickel) worth of view on this subject matter.

• lv on September 3, 2015 Permalink | Reply

I am not sure about Grace Poe? A lot of of people got turned off on what she said about the Iglesia ni Cristo issue. It just showed that she needs more experience before she can run for the highest position of the land. This could be the beginning of her downfall but we’ll see.

• lv on September 5, 2015 Permalink | Reply

Here is the latest news regarding Bongbong’s candidacy from The Manila Bulletin as of 9/4/2015:

Marcos not eyeing presidency – Villar
          by Jacob Gabion
          September 4, 2015

Senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” R. Marcos, Jr. is seeking another six-year term in the Senate and not the presidency, a leader of the 107-year-old Nacionalista Party (NP) to which he belongs revealed yesterday.

Senator Cynthia A. Villar put to rest speculations that Marcos is angling for the presidency or vice presidency under the NP banner or running for a higher position as an independent.

Villar is the wife of former Senate President Manny Villar, the current NP president.

She also said that Senate Majority Leader Alan Peter S. Cayetano “is very vocal that he wants to run for a higher position.”

Villar’s statement on Marcos was given when Senate reporters asked about the TV ads of Marcos and Cayetano.

Meanwhile, Sen. Antonio “Sonny” F. Trillanes IV had said that he is leaving it to the NP if it decides to support his political aspirations for higher office.

He, however, had reiterated his intention to seek the vice presidency and would run as vice president should Sen. Grace Poe decide to run as president.

• Atty. Romeo J. Somera, Esq.,CPA on September 7, 2015 Permalink | Reply

I am not questioning this article but it is a bit surprising that the other major dailies, Phil Star, Manila Times, Inquirier, Manila Standard has nothing on Villar’s pronouncement on Marcos. Actually, in Manila Times issue today, it is still being speculated that due to the support of Binay on Marcos BBL an agreement has been made for Marcos to be a VP of Binay. Oh well, poltics-rumors and additions.

I stand corrected. It is not the MT but Manila Standard where the article on Marcos BBL appeared.

What follows is an excerpt of an article in the Phil. Inquirer of 9/8/2015:

Villar said the party has yet to discuss its plans for 2016, noting that at least three of their candidates have been going around and testing the waters on their chances of winning. She was referring to Sens. Ferdinand Marcos Jr., Juan Antonio Trillanes IV and Cayetano.“There could be a free zone for all our three bets. We are hoping that this will not happen, that they will all run and there will be a free zone,” she said. Villar said the decision of the three NP senators would affect its coalition with the Liberal Party (LP).
              Marcos, for his part, appealed to the public to wait for his decision. “Don’t act on speculation… The thing is we would love to tell you exactly what would happen but we don’t know ourselves,” he said. He refused to comment on the possibility that he would be pitted against Cayetano for the vice presidential post.Asked about the fate of the coalition between the LP and NP, Marcos said the coalition had not been active for two years. LP and NP coalesced during the 2013 elections.Marcos also refused to comment on reports that Cayetano is being tapped as Roxas’ running mate. “He hasn’t proclaimed anything. Why bother with something that we don’t know would happen… and why am I answering for Senator Alan?” he said.
              Option
              Marcos said he is likely to come up with a decision before the end of this month.“My inclination right now, we are talking about higher office but of course, the senatorial race is always an option. It does not go away. That’s always part of the option,” he said.

• lv on September 7, 2015 Permalink | Reply

For the vice presidency,any of the current wannabes would do but for the presidency, it has to be someone who is willing to change the system so corruption and inefficiencies in the government would be eliminated or at least curtailed. That person must be competent, tough and has a political will. Unfortunately, we are electing the same type of people in 2016 as we’ve always had every election. With DUTERTE dropping out of the presidential race, we are left with just Roxas, Poe, and Binay who are all perceived as traditional politicians and might not have the qualities for a great leader so happy days will continue for all the thieves in the government, in other words nothing will change. Tuloy pa rin ang kahirapan ng mga nakararami. I do hope that my assumptions are wrong though. The Filipino people deserve a better leader. With a population of over 100 million, can we not come up with one good leader for our country? The likes of Miriam, Gibo, Gordon, or even Bayani Fernando are more acceptable for me. Just my opinion folks.

Gibo and Gordon are eminently qualified. The problem is that; are they interested? Will the people support either of them? Maybe they too are fed up with the trapos and tier politics and just gave up trying to come up and work for a better Philippines. And why not? If majority of the people will keep on voting candidates because of popularity, then for the immediate future we are doomed. The fad of electing people because they are popular (actors, actresses), famous (world boxing champion) should be dropped. The educated voter, which is 60% of us, should do something, but then maybe like Gibo and Gordan, that portion of the population could also be throwing the towel. Gibo seems to be contented being a successful businessmen, and he wouldn’t care if people don’t. Gordon is extremely efficient running the Red Cross, and seems to be contented doing so. And like what I said, if the 60% enlighten the 40%, we could be going somewhere. The problem is, how many of that 60% care, or even bother? I would not vote for either Poe, Binay or Roxas. I’ll skip voting for the presidency but if Marcos will run as President or VP, he will have my vote.

• Atty. Romeo J. Somera, Esq.,CPA on September 10, 2015 Permalink | Reply

From the looks of it, it is going to be Binay-Marcos which is not really the best tandem. Both are from the North, from Luzon. Marcos might be able to pull the Visayan votes but would that translate to Binay votes? Binay might pull the Mindanao votes but would that translate to Marcos votes? Marcos revised BBL might work against him as far as votes from MILF, BIFF, which is 40% of Mindanao. The election could be very interesting. It looks like Poe-Escudero is definite. But independent candidates based from history had not fare that well.

• lv on September 11, 2015 Permalink | Reply

I have a feeling that it would be Duterte and Marcos who would be pairing. Duterte for the president and Marcos for the vice.

• Atty. Romeo J. Somera, Esq.,CPA on September 27, 2015 Permalink | Reply

Mukhang ito nga ang mangyayari if you based from recent developments. Apparently Marcos must have turned Binay down knowing ahead of time that Duterte will change his mind. And if that happens, it would be a winning combination. Solid North, and Mindanao votes and 60% of the Visayan votes.

• lv on September 28, 2015 Permalink | Reply

I do hope that Duterte would change his mind because Duterte-Marcos will give the other candidates a run for their money. They have a good chance of winning the election basta walang hocus pocus na gagawin ang mga kalaban nila.

• Atty. Romeo J. Somera, Esq.,CPA on September 11, 2015 Permalink | Reply

Duterte said his final say. He won’t be running. But then, politics is politics. Decision made can change overnight.

• Atty. Romeo J. Somera, Esq.,CPA on September 16, 2015 Permalink | Reply

There are news releases today both in the Star and Tribune that the VP for Binay has been narrowed to 3: Marcos, Santiago, and Duterte. Duterte has already declared he won’t run for national office. Binay has never talked about Santiago and was never seen with her but Binay has been in Ilocos Norte, talked to the Marcos clan, talked about Ferdinand “let’s move on”. He had been seen on many occasions with Bongbong and talk quite often about BB. One of his important criteria he said, is that his running mate must have local government experience, and of course Marcos have that. So, from the looks of it, it would be Binay-Marcos for UNA. Any opinions out there from my fellow Ilocanos?

• lv on September 16, 2015 Permalink | Reply

Binay-Marcos might not be a good tandem. The corruption issue being associated with Binay would just pull down Bongbong Marcos. It is such a big issue among voters. I think Marcos is better off running for his re-election in the senate unless Duterte decides to run and become his partner but on the other hand if the candidates running for the vice presidency are weak, he might have a chance of winning.

• taga Tagudin on September 16, 2015 Permalink | Reply

It would be a big gamble for Bongbong to run with Binay.

• Atty. Romeo J. Somera, Esq.,CPA on September 16, 2015 Permalink | Reply

I think it’s Robredo with Roxas, Escudero with Poe. The problem with Robredo is she is not nationally known. Whether that could be made up during the campaign, it remains to be seen. But she has really nothing to show for at this time being only 2 years in Congress. Escudero has a lot of baggage. Katulad ko mahilig sa babong at talo niya ako sa tungahan (he and Lacierda when it comes to that are on the same league)and a lot of metropolitan manila voters know that. He can be considered also as a political butter fly. In fact he endorsed Bina (Sr)y for Mayor of Makati. The LP will do their best to keep him from being elected because he has been doing underground work for Poe on LP elected officials for a quite a while now. So, may pag asa si Bonbong. His only drawback is the memory of his father. But then voters are smart enough to realize they will not be voting for Sr. but Jr.

• Atty. Romeo J. Somera, Esq.,CPA on October 1, 2015 Permalink | Reply

It looks like: Binay-Marcos; Poe-Escudero; Roxas-Robredo; and Duterte-Cayetano. Acronyms anyone? Binmar; Poescu; Roro, and Ducay or Binbo, Graces, Marlen, and Rolan.

• Atty. Romeo J. Somera, Esq.,CPA on October 12, 2015 Permalink | Reply

Now it is final: Bongbong Marcos for VP. Can he make it? If the Solid North and the eastern Visayan votes backs him up, he can, in my opinion, make it. Good Luck Senator Marcos.

• lv on August 18, 2015 Permalink | Reply  

Metro Manila's Skyway Stage 3 Project 

There are a lot of us who commute from Manila To Tagudin and a lot of you I am sure are complaining about how hard it is to get to NLEX (North Luzon Expressway) from where you live or stay in Metro Manila. The ongoing connector project which would connect SLEX (South Luzon Expressway) and NLEX would come as a relief for a lot of people like me especially for the folks coming from the Southern part of Metro Manila. So, here’s a nice presentation I found in the Internet of the project called Skyway Stage 3. It would be a 14.82 km. elevated expressway and would run through the heart of Manila and Quezon City starting from Buendia to Balintawak. The project’s proponents are Citra Metro Manila Tollways Corporation and the Philippine government through the government’s PPP program (Private-Public Parnertship Service). Among all the projects by the government, this has to be one of the projects that I am eagerly waiting for to be finished because it would be faster and safer for me to get to NLEX once the project is completed. The other project is the completion of the TPLEX (Tarlac-Pangasinan-La Union Expressway) to Rosario. At present time, it takes me at least about an hour and sometimes more depending on the traffic situations to get to NLEX at Balintawak. I am just so tired of the convoy of trucks on A. Bonifacio/Mayon and in general, the heavy traffic which starts as soon as I leave the place where I stay in the Malate/Ermita area and also being always nervous every time I drive through these roads which are heavily infested with “kutong” cops (unscrupulous cops). These cops no longer accept “barya” by the way so make sure you have money while traversing these roads. The project supposedly would conclude sometime in 2017.

On-Ramps/Off-Ramps
    Image courtesy of DPWH

• lv on August 18, 2015 Permalink | Reply

By the way this will be a toll road meaning it will not be free. However, I am sure most people would rather pay for the tolls rather than going through the heavy traffic on the usual route heading to NLEX or SLEX.

• Atty. Romeo J. Somera, Esq.,CPA on August 25, 2015 Permalink | Reply

Speaking of “kutong”(mostly MMDA Traffic Enforcer whose egos are quite high because most of them thinks they are cops) I have learned that the best way to go to and out of Metro Manila are on weekends particularly on Sundays. There are fewer MMDA traffic enforcers and kutongs, presumably, they had already their fill during the past week and need to be spent those extorted incomes and Sundays could be their shopping days.

• lv on August 28, 2015 Permalink | Reply

I agree with you attorney about the weekends being the best time to go in and out of Manila particularly Sunday mornings for it is generally less traffic and less traffic enforcers or cops. Ngem no dadduma, uray no kunam nga awan ngem adda latta isu nga sisasagana ka laeng. No dadduma awan iti pilpilyen da nga aldaw aglalo no kasapulan da iti kumita.

• lv on August 16, 2015 Permalink | Reply  

Nena Somera of Barangay Del Pilar, Tagudin, RIP 

Our sincere condolences to the Somera Family of Barangay Del Pilar for the passing of Nang Nena. Nang Nena was the mother of the president of Tagudinian Association of Southern California, Rossana Somera Lirio.
    Let us please pray for the repose of the soul of Nang Nena.

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord, and let the perpetual light shine upon her. May the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
    Amen.

The Community Blog

• Atty. Romeo J. Somera, Esq.,CPA on August 16, 2015 Permalink | Reply

Condolence to the Somera Family. Nang Nena is now in a peaceful place with the Lord. RIP.

• Apolonio L. Villanueva III on August 17, 2015 Permalink | Reply

Heartfelt condolences to all of you dear nieces and nephews, We pray for strength and let the Lord’s steadfast love be upon you all as you go through these trying times. Manang Nena along with Angelica and Fernando are now in heaven in eternal peace.

• lv on August 17, 2015 Permalink | Reply

Manang Rossana, my deepest sympathy to you and your family. May your mother rest in peace.

• Seaside Park of Dardarat on August 17, 2015 Permalink | Reply

Our deepest condolences to the Somera Family.

• lv on August 5, 2015 Permalink | Reply  

Saint Augustine 

The Feast Day of Saint Augustine is August 28 but being the Patron Saint of our beloved town Tagudin, it is just appropriate for us to celebrate his feast day here for the whole month of August.
    Happy St. Augustine’s Feast Day to all Tagudinians worldwide.

• lv on August 1, 2015 Permalink | Reply  

Legendary track and field coach Rosito Andaya succumbs to pneumonia 

Rosito Andaya, the track and field coach who developed a long list of Asian and national champions, died July 29 in Tagudin, Ilocos Sur. He was 77. Andaya, who left coaching last year at Arellano University due to a minor stroke, died of pneumonia. “It will be a long time before we find someone like him,” said Renato Unso, secretary-general of the Philippine Amateur Track and Field Association. Andaya’s brilliance stretched for over 40 years.

Article Source: http://www.rappler.com

• lv on August 5, 2015 Permalink | Reply

Condolence to the family of Sir Rosito Andaya.

c
Compose new post
j
Next post/Next comment
k
Previous post/Previous comment
r
e
Edit
o
Show/Hide comments
t