Updates from March, 2015 Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts

• lv on March 31, 2015 Permalink | Reply  

Gas Stations In Tagudin 

Gone are the days when there were only two gas stations operating in Tagudin. It used to be that you can only get gas during the day for the stations ceased operation at a certain time in the early evening. It was very inconvenient for you have to go to another town to get gas particularly during emergency situations. At the moment, there are now six gas stations in our town and all are located along the National Highway – one in Bio, Lacong, Rizal, Dardarat and two in Libtong. I guess this means that the town is progressing? There might be even more coming up in the future. With the proliferation of gas stations in town, the owners are probably not very happy because they have to work harder to stay competitive but the townsfolk are for sure happier because they now have choices where to go for gas and some of the stations operate on a 24/7 basis. I have filled up gas in all the stations and I could say that majority of them are good stations but my personal favorite is the one in Barangay Bio that is owned by Mr. Emilio Mina and his lovely wife Beth who are both retired from the states. Their price is very competitive and the service is great with state side quality to it. They open 24 hours a day. The hardworking owner, Manong Milio is even the one pumping gas at the station if he is in town.

The Gas Station in Barangay Bio owned by Mr. & Mrs Emilio & Beth Mina

CLICK TO SEE THE REST OF THE TAGUDIN GAS STATION PHOTOS

• lv on March 21, 2015 Permalink | Reply  

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! 

SASAIINC, is proud to announce that 7 out of of the 10 SASAI scholars made it to the honor roll of the SAS Graduating Class this year. The icing to the cake is MARIELLA C. TACHO, Valedictorian of her Graduating Class. Congratulations, God Bless and Good Luck.

Posted by the blog administrator for Atty. Somera

• lv on March 21, 2015 Permalink | Reply

Congratulations to the scholars and to SASAI.

• lv on March 18, 2015 Permalink | Reply  

What happened to “Pasyon”? 

“Pasyon” is the narrative of the passion, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. During the Holy Week, you would hear “Pasyon” in the form of chants all over the Philippines. The chanters are usually older women taking turns for several days until Good Friday before the death of Christ on the cross. Unfortunately, it is now a vanishing tradition by the Filipino Catholics. They still do “Pasyon” in the Philippines during the Holy Week but not as widespread like it used to be in the past.

Ilocano Pasyon

• lv on April 5, 2015 Permalink | Reply

Kasano ngata pannaka-ammo da iti sumaruno nga ikanta da. Adda sursuroten da siguro ta mayat iti panagsisinnurot da? I have always wondered about that.

• lv on March 16, 2015 Permalink | Reply  

Happy Easter Everyone 

I have prepared a playlist which can be played at the right hand side of the blog for your listening enjoyment during the Holy Week and Easter.
    Have a good and peaceful Holy Week and Happy Easter.
    Take good care and God bless my dear kababayans.

• lv on March 15, 2015 Permalink | Reply  

Ninoy Aquino International Airport 1 (NAIA 1) 

A lot of us residing abroad go to the Philippines quite often at least once a year for a visit or vacation but sometimes our excitement for going home gets spoiled at the airport due to the things we would see there. The condition of our airports has deteriorated in the last couple of years. In fact NAIA 1 was voted as the worst airport in the world by some travel magazine some years ago. I don’t agree about that travel magazine’s assessment about NAIA 1 because I’ve seen airports that are worse than NAIA 1. However there is some truth about the report. Inside is chaotic. Often times, you would see long lines, broken bathrooms with no toilet tissues, unfriendly staffs, etc. It is a far cry from the airports you would see in our neighboring countries such as Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand and others. People pay for exorbitant terminal fees at our airports but where do the fees go? Your guess is as good is as good as mine.

The good news is the government is finally doing something to improve the Manila Airport. They have embarked on a big project on NAIA 1 that would improve the look and the efficiency of the airport and it is supposedly be finished by mid-year just in time for the APEC Summit that will be held in Manila sometime in November. It is sad though that they would only do this kind of things when there is a big international event in the country just to please visiting officials from other countries. At least, NAIA 1 would look a lot better by the end of the year.

It is very important that our airports be maintained properly at all times because an airport is usually the first place in a country that visitors and tourists would see. It gives them an impression about that country. If they see a dirty and a not well maintained airport, more likely that they would also think the whole country is that way even though sometimes that is not necessarily the case.

The Manila Airport has several terminals (NAIA 1, NAIA 2, NAIA3) and they will soon add another one but for an airport with many terminals such as The Manila Airport which which we call NAIA, I think there is a need to have some kind of a system that would move people from one terminal to the other within the airport like they do in other countries. The airport probably can afford to build a small rail system such as a monorail or a light rail that would loop around the terminals. This will help decongest the roads around the airport terminals and it would be more convenient for travelers and visitors alike.

Below is a video on how the new terminal would look like. I think the new design looks good and I hope it will be like what it is in the videos when the whole project is finished. It should look good since they have some of the country’s top notch designers and architects in the likes of Layug, Cobonpue, Pineda, Locsin and others being involved and working with this project. I hope that the airport administrators, officials and staffs would keep up what they have started with the airport.

The Original Proposal of the NAIA 1 Renovation and Rehabilitation

Recent Update of the NAIA 1 Renovation and Rehabilitation

• lv on March 2, 2015 Permalink | Reply  

Panagbenga Festival 2015
    With SAS Class of 1978 in Baguio City 

Panagbenga Flower Festival is the biggest festival in Northern Luzon. It is a month long festival that attracts a lot of people not only from Northern Luzon but also from all over the Philippines. Panagbenga means blooming of flowers. It is held every year during the month of February in Baguio City.

CLICK TO WATCH THE SLIDESHOW FROM THE PANAGBENGA 2015

• lv on March 2, 2015 Permalink | Reply

It was a very enjoyable and memorable experience. Thank you everyone from SAS Batch of 1978. From your classmate.

c
Compose new post
j
Next post/Next comment
k
Previous post/Previous comment
r
e
Edit
o
Show/Hide comments
t