Updates from December, 2014 Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts

• lv on December 28, 2014 Permalink | Reply  

Happy New Year Everyone! 

Image credit goes to the owner
    Pusong Bato

Naragsak nga baro a tawen apo!

We start the new year with OPM music. Hope that you like the selections that I put together for you at the playlist. We had Ilocano songs in the past so I thought we should also play Tagalog songs or OPMs.
    I included the song “Pusong Bato” for your listening pleasure. It has gotten very popular in the last couple of years in the Philippines. It probably has replaced “My Way” as the most sung song at videoke/karaoke joints all over the country. I haven’t heard of anybody being killed yet though because of this song unlike the song “My Way” hehehe. It is a fun song.

The classic song “Masdan Mo Ang Kapaligiran” by the group Asin from the 1970s is dedicated to all Pinoys out there. I hope it would inspire us to take care of the environment especially in this age of global warming. Because of climate change, the Philippines is now being hit with stronger typhoons every year causing a lot of death, destruction and misery in the country.

Take care and enjoy the music.

dj

• lv on December 26, 2014 Permalink | Reply  

Claro L. Mamaril, Esq., RIP 

Our brother, Atty. Claro L. Mamaril, Esq., had been called on by our Lord God Creator to take his rightful place in His Kingdom of Heaven..His body lies in wake at the Funeraria Samson at Molino Road, Baranggay Molino 3 in Bacoor City, Cavite..Tomorrow, Dec. 27 (Saturday), in memory of and celebration of his life with his family, relatives, friends, colleagues and acquaintances, there will be prayer services @ 6:30 pm, memorial rites @ 7:00 pm & mass offering @ 8:30 pm..Crematory rites will follow the next day..You are free to come participate in these memorial services..
    On behalf of my sister, Lyn Q. Mamaril, I thank you very much and God bless you…
    R.I.P…ATTY. CLARO L. MAMARIL, ESQUIRE…Nov. 26, 1938 to Dec. 23, 2014…

• Seaside Park of Dardarat on December 26, 2014 Permalink | Reply

Our sincere condolences to the family of Atty. Mamaril. May he rest in peace.

Thank you manong Polon for the post. Though I’ve never met Atty. Mamaril, he is well known among Tagudinians. Condolence to the family. May Atty. Mamaril rest in peace.

According to Manong Polon L. Villanueva, Atty Mamaril is his first cousin. He belonged to SAS Class ’55 and was a pioneering member of the SASAA as a legal adviser. He is survived by his wife, the former Eulene Quines, their children: Clarence, Elinore, Oliver and Clarissa.

• Attty. Romeo J. Somera, Esq.CPA on December 26, 2014 Permalink | Reply

My condolence to the Mamaril Family. Atty. Mamaril is now with the Lord. May he rest in Peace.

• Paul L. Villanueva of Chicago on December 26, 2014 Permalink | Reply

Atty. Claro L. Mamaril, Esq was our guest speaker during our time as Tagudinians of Chicago organization in the 80’s celebrating our Christmas Party. His speech was a very memorable one especially for us who all immigrated in this land of opportunity. He was sponsored by the beloved Manong Wilfredo Villanueva. Thank you for the memories Atty. Claro L. Mamaril, Esq. and may your soul rest in peace.

• lv on December 19, 2014 Permalink | Reply  

TPLEx (Tarlac-Pangasinan-La Union Expressway) Urdaneta segment opens 

For those of you who commute/travel between Tagudin and Manila, the Urdaneta portion of TPLEx (Tarlac-Pangasinan-La Union) expressway which eventually ends in Rosario, La Union is now being open this holiday season. This is good news for a lot of people particularly the folks from the Ilocos Region. If we want to go from point A to point B in no time and in a more convenient route other than the old and crowded MacArthur National Highway, we now have the option to use the expressways at least in this part of the Philippines. However, be ready to pay toll fees. Toll fees depend upon the distance you travel in the expressways. Expect to cough up at least 500 pesos for the toll from Urdaneta, Pangasinan to Balintawak in Metro Manila. That estimate includes the fees you pay at NLEx, the other expressway you take in addition to TPLEx when going to Manila or Ilocos. Though these expressways are not free, I am sure people would use them for they are faster and safer than the National Highway. I believe the whole TPLEx project is on schedule and will be wrapping up soon in the next year or so. It is rumored that the expressway might be extended to San Fernando or Bacnotan, La Union sometime in the future. Let just hope that it will be extended to this part of La Union so it would come closer to our town of Tagudin.

TPLex (Tarlac-Pangasinan-La Union Expressway)
    Image credit goes to the owner of the image.

SMC unit completes 2/3 of TPLEX
    By Lawrence Agcaoili (The Philippine Star) | Updated December 20, 2014 – 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines – Private Infra Development Corp. (PIDC), a unit of diversified conglomerate San Miguel Corp. (SMC), yesterday said the completion of the P24-billion Tarlac – Pangasinan – La Union expressway (TPLEX) project is on track this year.

PIDC president Mark Dumol said the toll operator is set to open the 13.66-km segment from Rosales to Urdaneta in Pangasinan today and is expected to ease traffic flow to and from northern Luzon during the Christmas holidays.

He added that the opening of the segment would also help accommodate commuters travelling to Manila during the visit of Pope Francis from Jan. 15 to 19.

“Construction of TPLEX is well on track and while we still have to make a few more refinements, it is safe to use. We’re opening early as service to the public,” he said.

He added that users could use the toll road free of charge until Jan. 20.

With the opening of the new section, the total length of the four-lane 88.5-kilometer TPLEX now operational is about 63 kilometers.

“Many families will be traveling to and from northern Luzon during the Holidays, and this is our company’s Christmas present to them,” he said.

The TPLEX, one of several infrastructure projects in SMC’s portfolio and its first greenfield tollway project, is seen as a vital road project in Luzon, connecting the central and northern Luzon provinces to Manila and beyond through the Subic-Clark-Tarlac Expressway and the North Luzon Expressway.

From end-to-end, the TPLEX will traverse 17 towns and two cities (Tarlac and Urdaneta City) across four provinces: Tarlac, Pangasinan, La Union and Nueva Ecija.

The TPLEX under a Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) program is being undertaken by the all-Filipino consortium, including the Consunji-led DMCI Holdings Inc.

Since its diversification to infrastructure, SMC has been aggressive in pursuing much-needed road projects.

• lv on December 13, 2014 Permalink | Reply  

The Tagudinians of Northern California Christmas Party & Induction of Officers 2014
    Posted by the MB Adm. for The Tagudinians of Northern California 

Happy Holidays
    to all Tagudinians around the world
    from
    The Tagudinians of Northern California

CLICK TO WATCH THE SLIDESHOW
    Slideshow by Jim D. Paredes

• lv on December 12, 2014 Permalink | Reply  

SEASONS GREETINGS 

To All Our Friends, Benefactors, Donors, Supporters and Well wishers: In behalf of SASAI, the children scholars and their parents, and behalf of our newly elected President and CEO, Madame President, Ms. Melanie P. Florentino, MAEd., we, the officers, committee members, and volunteers in SASAI, would like to express our profound gratitude to all of you. We also wish you the Best of the Yukletide Season, and may the Good Lord shower you with his blessings in the coming New Year. Your help not to waste brilliant minds is a gift of a lifetime. It is our firm commitment at SASAI to carry on the mission of providing financial assistance to intelligent children handicapped by their dire financial situation that the will finish their high school education. And with your help, it shall be achieved.

• lv on December 8, 2014 Permalink | Reply  

CONGRATULATIONS VIGAN! 

Vigan named among New7Wonders Cities
    ABS-CBNnews.com
    Posted at 12/08/2014 4:03 AM | Updated as of 12/08/2014 3:43 PM

MANILA – Vigan in Ilocos Sur has been chosen as one of the New7Wonders Cities, organizers announced Sunday night in Dubai.

Bernard Weber, founder and president of New7Wonders contest, said the results are based on votes.

“They will now be checked, validated and independently verified. Once the verification process has been completed, New7Wonders will then work with the confirmed cities to organize official inauguration events,” New7Wonders said.

The New7Wonders Cites are Vigan, Beirut, Doha, Durban, Havana, Kuala Lumpur, and La Paz.

Weber said more than 1,200 nominees from 220 different countries took part in the contest.

“[The 7 winners] represent the global diversity of urban society. For the first time in human history, more than half of our planet’s population lives in cities and this election emphasizes the dramatically challenging character of our changing world,” he said.

“We congratulate each of these cities on achieving their New7Wonders status, and we look forward to celebrating their election to the ‘canon of 7′ with their citizens in 2015,” Weber said. “The New7Wonders Cites will now join the New7Wonders of Nature and the New7Wonders of the World in becoming part of Global Memory for humanity for ever.” – with a report from Bryan Realgo, ABS-CBN News Ilocos

• lv on December 7, 2014 Permalink | Reply  

VIGAN-ONE OF THE NEW 7 WONDERS CITIES 

From the Philippine Inquirer issue today, Sunday, Dec. 7, 2014.

MANILA, Philippines — The heritage city of Vigan in Ilocos Sur province, has been hailed as one of the “New7Wonders Cities of the World” in an awarding ceremony held in Dubai on Sunday.

Read more: http://globalnation.inquirer.net/115230/vigan-hailed-as-one-of-new7wonders-cities-of-the-world/#ixzz3LFDXKgxj
    Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

We are all grateful to all those who su[pported and voted for the movement. Being an Ilocano, I am very proud for this historic achievement. God Bless All of You and may the best of the holidays be yours and your families.

• lv on December 7, 2014 Permalink | Reply  

Christmas Music 

At the playlist which is located at the right hand side of this blog are Christmas songs that I’ve put together for your listening enjoyment this holiday season. Enjoy.

Image Source: http://pbsp-christmascards.blogspot.com/
    Naimbag nga Paskua / Maligayang Pasko

I would also like to take the opportunity at this time to greet you my dear kailians/kababayans and your families a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year, and to thank you for visiting this blog/forum.

Naimbag nga Paskua ken Naragsak a Baro a Tawen tayo amin apo nga awan labas na!

God bless and take care.

• Attty. Romeo J. Somera, Esq.CPA on December 7, 2014 Permalink | Reply

What an appropriate Christmas gift to the Filipinos, particularly the Ilocanos. Vigan, per the Philippine Inquirer, has been selected as one of the New & Wonder Cities of the Worl. Congratulations Philppines, Vigan and all Ilocanos. Thanks to all those who supported and voted for Vigan. Dios ti Agngina Apo. Naimbag nga Pascua yo ken Baro nga tawen. May you all have the best of the holiday season and the prosperity that shall be brought forth by the New Year.

MANILA, Philippines — The heritage city of Vigan in Ilocos Sur province, has been hailed as one of the “New7Wonders Cities of the World” in an awarding ceremony held in Dubai on Sunday.

Read more: http://globalnation.inquirer.net/115230/vigan-hailed-as-one-of-new7wonders-cities-of-the-world/#ixzz3LFDXKgxj
      Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

• Attty. Romeo J. Somera, Esq.CPA on December 7, 2014 Permalink | Reply

Please pray for all those that have been affected by typhoon Ruby (Hagupit). If you have some to spare, donate to outfits like the Red Cross, Catholic Services or those that are put up by the various media, print or otherwise. Favors youo give will come back to you tenfold. God Bless.

• anonymous on December 8, 2014 Permalink | Reply

Idawdawat tay met nga saan nga mapan ti bolsa kadagitay agtatakaw dagita nga donasyon. Agyaman unay dagiti biktima iti daytoy nga kalamidad dagita nga donasyon nga mayparabor yo kanyada.

• lv on December 5, 2014 Permalink | Reply  

Passion for boxing 

Pinoys Watching Boxing Outdoors

Pinoys love boxing. It is definitely the second most popular sport in the Philippines after basketball. The whole country goes on a standstill when their idol Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao fights. There is no crime and no traffic because people are glued to the tv just about everywhere in the country. This photo was taken in one of the streets somewhere in Santa Cruz, Manila.

c
Compose new post
j
Next post/Next comment
k
Previous post/Previous comment
r
e
Edit
o
Show/Hide comments
t